Understanding Teenagers Booklet
(Low stock, awaiting more stock, contact us for info)
This booklet has been written to accompany the Family Links Talking Teens 4-week workshops for parents, but it can also be purchased on its own.
Packed with practical ideas and approaches to help improve relationships, both the booklet and the workshops offer an opportunity to understand something of what’s going on in the adolescent brain and provide strategies for supporting and communicating with young people.
- The foundations of positive parenting: providing warmth and structure
- Messages from research: the teenage brain, sleeping habits and more
- Handling difficult issues: drugs & alcohol, social media, sex, sexuality and staying safe
- Power, boundaries and problem-solving
- Written in a fun, friendly and informative style and illustrated with cartoons and photographs